Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Roadside Artist

It's been so long, I've forgotten where I got the name. I think it was a freelance writer who published an article about my art, for sale by the side of the road, and dubbed me the Roadside Artist.

In any case, my first-even site for my art was named roadsideartist.com for this reason. Over time, though, I branched into many other things as a self-taught, full time professional artist and semi-self-taught photographer. So more recently, I've divided up my work into things like Oregon impressionist paintings, abstract expressionist paintings, cartoon people and caricatures and cat cartoons.

This still left a vacancy, though, some homeless art; photographs and other works meant for commercial use, use in books or calendars, and commissioned work of similar types. Thus we have the Roadside Artist blog: A place where I can post and talk about my other work.

And thank you for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment