Sunday, January 30, 2011

Rush-By Shooting

woman with shopping cart full of plants, in a hurry at a Bi-Mart store
Photography, that is.. a woman rushes through with a basket of plants at Bi-Mart, which is a store chain in this part of the world. Out in this rural nothing-land, Bi-Mart is about the closest thing you'll get to a real department store. Bi-Mart is employee-owned, which is good. It's just that it's kind of small and sometimes crappy. Beyond that, there's the whole thing about the name... I have to say that, just between you and me, I believe it's really only Bi-curious but who knows? They haven't approached me with any special offers...

You never know what you are going to get with guerrilla photos like this; shooting from the hip and with that stupid shutter delay for which crap cams are notorious. I wouldn't mind shooting with one of my good cameras but I'm trying to do candid photography not portraiture.

I shot the original in color and then worked it into B&W in photoshop. I was torn on this one. A lot of my street photography work was shot in black and white in the first place and only a few are Photoshopped that way. It's something I feel kind of weird about. For the "Bi-Curious" here is the color original:

1 comment: